Manager - Menu Design: Europe, Asia, Middle East
Reference Number: M-01
Ryan Aviation on behalf of our established client are recruiting for a Manager - Menu Design.
The Manager - Menu Design: Europe, Asia, Middle East continually works towards raising the standard of catering on Continental Europe, South and East Asia and Middle East routes for Business, Sleeper Economy and Economy Cabins; and to make these improvements within the framework of a set budget.
- To ensure all national health and sanitary norms regarding food quality, handling, hygiene and temperature controls are strictly followed at all times.
- To maintain regular, positive and productive communication with all Catering companies within the assigned area of responsibility to check and control performance in accordance with contracted KPI's and SLA's.
- To maintain regular, positive and productive communication with other departments of our client as close integrated collaboration is required of this role.
- A Commercial Catering Qualification and 10 years practical commercial cooking experience (with a minimum of 3 years at Chef de Partie level) in recognized European hotels/restaurants/recognized catering entities. Airline cabin crew experience (in-flight chef experience) highly desirable.
- A professional accreditation in HACCP preferred
- Logistics and supply chain management experience preferred.
- Price negotiation, Menu Creation and Menu Development skills and experience and knowledge of and ability to draft accurate Menu Specifications and Cost Matrices.
- Ability to respond appropriately to crew voyage reports and customer complaints is mandatory.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of a wide range of international cuisines both retro and current including fusion cuisines.
- A knowledge of seasonality and geographical reliability of produce
- Relevant fine dining restaurant service experience is a must.
- Fluent, descriptive (but not overly so) and cohesive menu writing skills
A competitive salary and benefits package reflective of experience, awaits the successful candidate.
Apply / Register NB. Please note that by registering your details with Ryan Aviation your application will be processed.