FACILITIES MANAGER TO BE BASED IN COUNTY CLARE, IRELAND:
We are currently seeking a Facilities Manager for one of the world’s leading providers of aircraft maintenance at Shannon Airport. This is a very exciting opportunity for a candidate who can demonstrate strong leadership ability, ideally within a unionised environment, along with experience relevant to the description below. Experience as a Facilities Manager within the aviation industry is preferable but not essential.
The post attracts a very competitive salary and performance related bonus. It also includes a suite of benefits including Health insurance, pension and flexi leave. Additional benefits that the successful candidate will enjoy on a daily basis include; Educational Assistance Program, Sports and Social Club, In-house Gym, Subsidised canteen and Travel concessions.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious Facilities Manager looking to take their career to the next level with a Company operating at the leading edge of Global Aviation.
Please refer to Additional Information below for further information regarding living and working in County Clare, Ireland
Brief Description of Duties:
- Responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the company Facilities, including plant, equipment, utilities, building services (heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, air, pressure etc) in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained in accordance with manufacturers recommendations in a scheduled, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Prepare budgets annually for the Facilities Dept and ensure that the Department keeps within budget.
- Monitor and control energy consumption for the Facility, and seek cost reductions wherever possible.
- Negotiate facility maintenance contracts with external providers as required.
- Manage mechanical, electrical and civil engineering maintenance programmes and all investment programmes.
- Support the EHS Department and Specialist to ensure that the Company complies with all EPA regulations and fulfils the requirements of ISO18001 and ISO 14001.
- Ensure that the Company complies with all national and local authorities regulations and implement any changes that arise.
- Lead, manage and develop a Team of Facility Engineers, Technicians and external contractors, ensuring effective performance and communication within the team.
- Promote a safety culture and ensure Company Health & Safety policies are adhered to.
- Encourage, and promote Continuous Improvement and Best Practice processes within the department.
- Liaise as required with colleagues from the wider company network.
- Produce reports and statistics as required in line with Department KPIs.
- Keep up to date with developments in maintenance and repair technologies in Facility maintenance and adopt as appropriate.
- Carry out investment and any other projects/activities as assigned by the CEO.
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the Company business strategy.
- Ensure a high level of customer focus within the Department.
- University Engineering Degree preferable (Electrical/Mechanical Engineering). The requirement for a third level qualification may be replaced by additional relevant experience.
- At least 5 years facility management experience with an established record of project management.
- Previous experience of leadership and management of people with well-developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills, assertiveness and persuasiveness.
- An ability to optimally co-ordinate limited resources in meeting the needs of several on-going projects / activities.
- A proven ability to prioritise and achieve targets in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent vendor and customer relationship skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additional Information regarding living in the area
Please click on the following links for information regarding life in County Clare and the surrounding area
You can send your CV on email@example.com with supporting documents and call on +353 4493 30330 for any queries.